Can't log in to your old OpenID-based account on ForPune. See the instructions below.
When we shifted ForPune from the stackexchange software to the OSQA software, due to reasons to complicated to explain, we lost some login information. Due to that it is possible that you might not be able to log into your old ForPune account if you had used an openid based login. To "recover" your account, do the following:
If you remember the email address you used with your old ForPune account:
- Click on Login
- At the bottom of the login page, there is link that says "Click here if you're having trouble signing in". Click on that link.
- Provide the email address that you had used to create your old ForPune account, and click on Send Link
- Wait for the temporary access link to come to you in your email inbox.
- Click on the temporary access link. Now you'll be able to log in. But this is only a temporary login. You need to permanently fix your account by following the remaining steps
- Go to http://forpune.com/account/2/authsettings/ and do the following
- Delete the old OpenId provider(s) which is now unusable
- Add the provider again by clicking on "Add Provider" (or if you don't want to do OpenId, create a password for this account).
- Once you've gone through this whole process, you'll be able to login to your old account.
If you do not remember the email address you used
- Send us a mail: email@example.com with whatever you remember about your old account, and we'll see what we can do.
If you don't care about your old ForPune account, just create a new login and start all over again :-)